Wednesday 30 April 2014

51



Khushi was busy doing her routine chores. Anjali was sitting at the table with Nani. Payal and Aakash had gone out. 

"Hello hi bye bye, Anjali, you are in a good mood today!" Mamiji opened the topic.
"Haan Mamiji!" said Anjali stealing a glance at Khushi. Khushi raised her eyebrows.
"Koi Khushi ki lottery lag gai hai?" she asked.

"Meri lottery?" Khushi was Shocked.

"Are phati saari, Khushi... Haipee, Hapiee, ... Happyness ki lottery lag gai hai kya?" Mami clarified.

Anjali smiled slightly blushing. She had received a call from Shondeep early morning. This time he ahd called her on her mobile. They had a long talk and Anjali's spirits lifted. Khushi was burning to know what was so cheerful.

"Di.... You look so cute when you are happy!" she whispered serving breakfast. Anjali blushed.
"Hmm... !" Khushi understood. "You know, nani? Shondeep sir had given me a task and I couldn't complete it. I think I should rush to work!" she said and went to her room.
Nani and Mami gaped at Khushi's vanishing figure.

Arnav was getting ready. Khushi entered the room. Arnav looked at her questioningly. She was smiling broadly and was muttering.

"What?" he asked. "Haan?" she was unable to assimilate and then collecting herself said "Breakfast!" 

Arnav was irritated. "What's so funny about it!?" he asked her angrily.
"Nothing!" she said hiding her smile. He grabbed her. "Are you hiding something from me?" he asked her with gritted teeth. She got scared.

"No! Arnavji!" she said with a soft voice wrapping her hand around his arm. He forgot everything.

"Breakfast?" she asked him looking into his eyes. He nodded. She left him and started searching for her phone. She picked it up from the bed and holding his hand dragged him out of the room. 

******** ******** ********

""ASR! I mean... if we can go together, we can finish the work in half the time and come back!" said Lavanya optimistically.

"What about your parents, Lavanya? And your personal work?" he asked her suspiciously.
"What? Umm.. I meam.. um ... it is not sure... I mean, I can come with you!" she said with a guilt feeling.

"Lavanya, are you alright?" he asked her sternly. "Ye.. Yes, ASR! I mean... I am confused.. I mean... I want to go to Bangalore... but you know I don't want to leave Delhi!" She said now confusing ASR.

"Forget it!" he almost screamed. "You are not going to Bangalore! And you are taking leave!" he ordered her.
"Um.. ASR! I am sorry!" she was almost in tears.

"Lavanya, gather yourself, and come back. I don't have time to take on all this!" he said looking at her angrily and turned his back on her.
She came out crestfallen. He turned and looked at her back. "What is she up to?" he thought.

****** ****** ********

"Lavanya, take this as an opportunity. It is good that he is going to Bangalore. You can have a heart to heart talk with Khushi ji. You know what I mean!" Sham was consoling her slyly. She just listened to him.

"I am sure he will not take Khushi ji along with him!" he said confidently. He knew next week was again the hearing in the court and Khushi's presence was necessary.

"But I don't want to leave ASR alone!" she said pathetically. She was trapped.
"Lavanya, listen to me carefully. It is good to stay away for a while to reunite forever!" said Sham.

"But, jijaji... what will I do here?" she asked him miserably.

"Lavanya, here is a plan....!" Next fifteen minutes, Sham explained her detailed plan.
"Ok. I will try, but I am not sure about this...!" she finally said not sounding confident.
"Don't worry Lavanya, everything will be fine. You will get what you want! Just do as I say!" said Sham convincing her confidently. She disconnected the phone.

"What am I doing?" she thought. "Oh God! Grant me a wish! Please... please give me my ASR back!" she prayed. "But is this the right way to win him back?" she thought to herself. She was confused. The method suggested by sham was way beyond her imagination. "How can I do this to Chamakili?' she thought.

"But, I know she is not a match to ASR. They are bound to be separated. She is the one who compelled him to get married. Otherwise we would have got married; at least stayed together. No! No! I will not let this happen. I will win him back. ..... Oh God! Why did I leave him that day? I should have gone ahead with our plan to get married!" she thought repenting and bashing herself.

********** ********** **********

The girl was sitting on the stairs at the backyard. Mali kaka was working in the garden. She had hidden her face in the arms clutching her knees. 

"Beti, give me some water!" Malikaka said in a bear whisper. She got up absentmindedly and brought the earthen pot for him. 

"Mali kaka.... Is he happy?" she asked him painfully. He just looked at her.
"He should carry on! I did!" she said gravely. Tears were waiting for her permission to roll down. Mali kaka felt a knot in his chest. Slowly he got up and said.

"He got married!" he waited for her reaction. He got none. He looked at her. She was staring unfocused. She got up in a slow motion and went inside the house. Mali kaka turned into a statue. 

"He got married!.... how is she?" she mumbled sprinkling water in the burning chulla, extinguishing the fire. She started cleaning the kitchen lost in her thoughts. 

"What are you doing?" came a shrill voice from behind and she dropped the vessel, splashing the water everywhere.
................

Khushi got up with a jerk to find Laxmi chewing the bouquet banging it down on the floor. She looked at the wide open door and glanced at sleeping Arnav. She sighed and shooed away Laxmi to go back to sleep closing the door.

*********** *********** ***********

"Is she beautiful?" a girl with ghungat on her face was asking the tall man. He turned to look at her. She was waiting for an answer. He nodded.

"Than me?" she asked. He did not look at her face. She had removed her ghunghat. He did not answer and turned his back again. He didn't even want to see her face.

"I am your wedded wife!" she said little loudly. His anger mounting, he clenched his fists.
"Get out!" he ordered her in a deep voice. "No! I will not!" she was rebellious. "I said, get out!" his voice was deadly. She did not move.

"I SAID, OUT!" he roared like a lion. She flinched and paced backwards. 

"OUT!" he said. She went out taking her ghunghat on her head again and crying.
"How dare she compare herself with HER?" he was fuming. He was pacing the room.
"I hate HER! Why didn't she wait for me?" he was burning, his heart pounding in his chest, he banged his fist on his chest in despair. 

He heard clinking sound. She had appeared again with water jar. She kept it down, poured the water in the glass and held out to him.

"I don't want!" he raised his voice. "Have some water, you will feel better !" she said calmly still drawing ghunghat on her face. He took the glass from her. He felt guilty.
"Look, never ever talk about HER again. No one can match her, understand?" he was enraged again.

"O...Ok!" she said looking at him frightened. He kept the glass and said "Go out and close the door!" she nodded and went out. He heard the bang.

..................

Arnav opened his eyes with a start to see Khushi closing the door. He turned to his side and continued his sleep.



"Khushi, I may have to go to Bangalore!" Arnav told her in the morning.
"When?" Khushi asked.

"Day after tomorrow!" came the answer. "Actually, the Manager has resigned and I will have to take the charge from him." Arnav clarified.
"Hmm...!Ok. How many days?" she asked looking at him.

"I will try to come as soon as I finish the work. But it will take at least fifteen days!" he said holding her hand and locking his fingers in hers. She kept her head on his chest and said, "Ok!"
She knew, she had a Court hearing coming up next week. She felt weak. She looked at him. He was looking at her intently. He never wanted to leave her alone. His grip tightened on her fingers. She forced a smile on her face and said "Ok. Only fifteen days? I will manage!"
He took her in tight embrace. "Ok. Arnav ji, I will pack your bag tomorrow!" she freed herself and said turning away from him. 

**** ***

He was all set to leave for Bangalore. He grabbed her from behind. "Khushi!" he whispered in her ear. She closed her eyes never wanting to show her pain to him. He cuddled her gently and said.

"Khushi, I will be available on phone always!"
"Hmm...! I know!" she said clasping his palm. He breathed on her neck giving her goose bumps.

"Khushi, take care!" his voice cracked. She embraced him and said "Yes, and you too!"
He kissed her. She removed his hands and said "Now go! You will be late!" she smiled at him. His eyes reflected pain. "Why am I so pathetic, while leaving her?" he thought to himself still holding her hand tightly.

"Khushi, take care of everyone here!" he said seriously.
"Yes, Arnav ji, don't worry!" she assured him. He left the room with a heavy heart. She followed. He suddenly turned and pushed her back in the room.

"What?" she asked surprised.
"Khushi, don't keep seeing those damn dreams!" he looked into her eyes. She avoided his gaze.
"Where is your diary? Give it to me!" he ordered her. She looked at him suspiciously and pushed him away.

"No! I will not give you my diary!" she said stubbornly. He gave her a you-are-impossible expression. She twisted her nose and said "I understood your instructions, Mr. Arnav Singh Raizada. I will not see the dreams!" he held her nose in a pinch and said "Follow the instructions!" 

"Sssss it hurts!" she complained. He immediately released her nose. They both came down.

********* ****** ******

"Hi Chamakili, how are you?" Khushi was surprised to pick up the phone.
"Hello, Lavanya ji,!" she greeted her. Khushi was in a conference with Shondeep when her phone rang.

Shondeep waited for her to finish the call.
"You know, Khushi, my parents are coming. Will you come with me for shopping?" she requested Khushi.

"Me? With you?" Khushi was surprised. The metal bowls flashed before her eyes.
"Yes, Chamakili, will you?" Lavanya asked her.

"umm.. ok! When?" she asked.
"Can we go now?" asked Lavanya.
"Now? Not possible, Lavanya ji, I am working now. Can we go in the evening?" she asked apologetically. 

"um.. ok, Chamakili, I will wait for you at my apartment!" said Lavanya and disconnected.
Khushi came back and said "Sorry Shondeep Sir, it was Lavanya ji!"

"Ok!" he said "Let us continue with the work!" she nodded and started typing the notes.
"... That's it, Khushi! Send me the first cut document!" he said concluding the session.
"um.. Khushi! Take care!" he said. "Yes, Shondeep Sir, thank you!" she said smiling and logged off.

******** ******** ******


6 comments:

  1. sarunsashasingh

    Really really nice last two updates...Oh God plzzz plzzz God keep Khushi safe...I really hope Arnav comes to fer rescue!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great update

    SB

    ReplyDelete
  3. what is that lavanya upto..
    continue soon pls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor khushi seems to have a battle brewing with lavanya.....she will have to manage both battles with lavanya and court.......please continue........kkg fan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Feel sorry for khushi..hope arnav vil return soon...waiting for ur next part

    Sharmi

    ReplyDelete
  6. La feels guilty, but yet she is justifying her guilt with her own reasons that seems selfish, confused, and most of all, influenced thoughts!! How easily she has been veered away by the smooth talk of a conniving person, which clearly shows that she is incapable of making her own decisions!!
    Hahaa, ASR is quick to catch onto Khushi's weird emotions, but then she manipulates him well. Whereas, with La, his suspicions just increased!!
    "Why am I so pathetic while leaving her?"... his anguish is palpable, aww!! "It is good to stay away for a while to reunite forever", Shyam said and would this now fall on the couple, I wonder!!
    A dream of agony, where she is tormented for his concerns, and yet dispassionate about it.... loved "tears were waiting for her permission to roll down"... and here, he is deeply hurt and still feeling betrayed, but then he still defends and possesses her, and his wife bears the brunt of his anger!! It is clear that they miss each other very much!!
    Wonderful update!!

    ReplyDelete