Saturday 26 April 2014

49




"Hello Raani Sahebaa!" came a sly voice when Anjali picked up the phone wondering who it could be to see the unknown number.

She stood rooted with ghostly expression. "Raani Sahebaa? Are you there? Are you ok?" he asked in a concerned voice.

"What?" she could only ask.
"Raani Sahebaa! Please take care of yourself. You know, I got a nightmare yesterday and you ... you were very sick and hospitalized! I couldn't stop myself in the morning from calling you, Raani Sahebaa!" He said from the other end.

Arnav looked at Anjali's face and he took the phone from her hand.

"Raani Sahebaa, please take care, I cannot see you fall sick. Please.. please Rani Sahebaa, hope you are alright. You know I just can't stand the thought! Since I saw you yesterday..." he was saying in his silky voice.

"She is perfectly alright and don't you dare call her again!" came a deadly threatening voice. The phone was disconnected from the other end immediately. Anjali was still standing at the table motionless. She felt nauseating sickness.

"Di! Its ok Di. He will not call you again!" Arnav placed his hand on his Di's shoulder and made her sit on the chair.

"Ram Prakash!" he called out. "Get tea for Di and me!" he ordered. Khushi came out of the kitchen with the tray.

"Here is your tea!" she said pleasantly. She looked at the siblings and stopped.
"What? What happened?" she asked Arnav.

"HE called Di!" he said in a whisper.
"What?" she shouted. "Usaki himmat kaise huii? How dare he!!" she was furious!

"Relax, Khushi! He will not call her again!" said Arnav confidently.

"Why did he call?" Anjali asked in hollow voice.
"Pressure tactics, Di! Ignore his call!" said Arnav. But he too looked upset. 

"Di, don't pick up the unknown calls!" he said gravely. Anjali nodded.
"Don't worry Di, nothing will happen!" consoled Khushi. Anjali smiled faintly. Khushi knew how to bring smile on Anjali's face. She decided to call Shondeep later.

"Chote, I want to go to the temple!" said Anjali.
"I will take you to the Mandir, Di!" Khushi offered.
"I will take you both!" said Arnav turning to leave. "Get ready!"
"Chote has become a family man now!" Nani looked contented. She prayed God.

********** ****** *****

"Khushi..Khushi!" Payal came out from her room calling out for Khushi. Khushi was in her room and Arnav was waiting for Anjali and Khushi in the hall.

"What is it, payal? Khushi is getting ready!" said Arnav looking at Payal curiously.
"um.. nothing!" she said hesitantly.

"Are you coming to the temple, with them?" Asked Arnav looking at her.
"No! um... um..!" she hesitated.

He looked at her questioningly.
"Actually, I was cleaning the room ... an... and I found this in my old bag!" she said holding out her palm.

He looked at her hand and at her face questioningly.

"Actually, this is Khushi's Mannat ki Chabi! I had kept it with me!" she said causing Arnav to get up with a jerk. He took it from Payal and closed his fist. The memory of him throwing the chabi and she picking it up flashed before him giving him goose bumps. His chabi was with Khushi and now her chabi was with him. He pocketed it without a word. Payal lingered there for a while and went back to her room.

He put his hand in his pocket and held the chabi in his fist. Suddenly he felt the warmth of the chabi. He went into trance. The house around vanished and he went back to the Majaar where he had tied his lock since his Di had insisted and had confronted with Khushi. He smiled. 

"Khushi, now your mannat is with me!" he thought to himself.

"Chote, are you lost?" Asked Anjali shaking him. "um... no Di! Let us go!" he avoided looking at suspicious eyes of Khushi. 

****** ********* **********

They were at the temple. Anjali finished her pooja and Khushi was searching for some coins to distribute to the beggers. She searched in her bag and took out some. There was a key with the coins. She looked at the key and looked at Arnav.

"Arnav ji ki mannat ki chabi!" she smiled looking at the key and closed her fist. She felt warmth of the key. Arnav was waiting for them to finish their pooja putting his hand in his suit pocket. He suddenly felt the warmth of the key. He closed his fist holding it. 

"Arnav ji!" Khushi was standing in front. He looked at the still holding the key in his pocket.
She opened her palm and there rested his Mannat ki Chabi on her palm. She smiled at him and said "Your mannat ki chabi!" He smiled at her and took out his hand opening his palm too. She saw the key there. She looked at him surprised.

"Your Mannat ki chabi!" he said in a husky voice. The world around started vanishing. Everything went blur. They both closed their palms holding the keys tightly. "I asked favor for you!" her voice changed. "And I did for you!" he said hoarsely.

"Your key is with me!" she said. "And yours is with me!" he said staring unfocused.
"We will never forget each o.....!" they both said in a bear whisper. 

"What will you never forget?" asked Anjali astonished. They both came back from their dream state.
"What?" asked Khushi. Arnav turned his back and descended the stairs, still holding the key tightly. She hurriedly put the key back in her bag and said "Chalo Di, let us go back!"
Arnav or Khushi did not talk on their journey back. Anjali kept glancing at them thoroughly puzzled. She was missing something and Arnav and Khushi were finding something new about each other.


They came home. Arnav went to office and Khushi opened her laptop.
"Hello Shondeep sir!" she greeted him on video call. "Hello Khushi!" he responded.
"I need help!" she said narrating the incidence. "Wait.. I will call her. You talk to her!" she went out. Shondeep waited.

Anjali walked in. "Di, talk to Shondeep Sir! I will be back!" she said and went out.
"Anjali!" Shondeep had seen her after a long time. He just gazed at her for a while. She was looking down.

"Woh.... HE had called!" Anjali's voice quivered.
"Anjali, take it easy!" he came back to his senses. "Nothing will happen!" he assured her. She did not respond. "Anjali, look at me!" he said. She looked up.

Their eyes locked. He couldn't help touching the lens of the web cam. "Anjali!" he was hoarse. She wiped her eyes off. He felt helpless. He just wanted to be with her at this point of time.
"Umm... I am ok now!" she said forcing a smile on her face. 

"Anjali,... wish I was there with you now!" he said hoarsely.
"No! I am alright now!" she said.

Khushi entered the room. "Di, are you ok?" she asked squinting at Shondeep. He nodded.
"Di, why don't you visit papaji for a change for few days? They both will be delighted!" said Khushi brightly. Hope brightened up Shondeep's face. 

"No, Khushi, I am alright!" said Anjali looking at Shondeep and smiling. She felt better with the thought of visiting Kolkata. Khushi knew what to do and how to get invitation from Papaji.

********* ********* *********

"No, I can't do this! No!" the tall man was pacing his room restlessly. He looked pale. His manly charm had gone with grown beard and untidy hair.
"I can't!" he blurted. A old figure appeared at the door.
"What have you decided?" Asked the old man.
"Nothing! I can't!" he said angrily.
"You are brought in to take over. You need someone to carry it further!" said the old man.
"No! I don't care!" the man turned his face.
"You should! The others are good for nothing. We need a strong descendent!" said the old man practically.
"You are the only hope!" he continued. The man shook his head.
"No!" he said.
""No is not an option! I am waiting!" said the old man.
"What do you want me to do?" the man asked frustrated. "I can't love anyone! I can't carry on!" he was in agony.
"Marriage has nothing to do with love!" said the old man gravely.
"What?" the man was shocked.
"Marriage is to bear children!" said the old man again.
"What the hell are you talking about?" the man asked furiously.
"I am being practical!" the old man said. "I cannot wait! You will do as I say!"
"No!" he shouted at his back.
"No!" shouted Arnav and woke up. He looked around. Khushi was fast asleep and was smiling in her  sleep. He pulled her closer. "Khushi!" he buried his face in her arms! 

**** ****

"Chote, I want to talk to you!" said nani at the table when Arnav came down for his morning tea. 

"Ok, Nani!" he said looking around.
"Come to my room while going to the office!" she said. He nodded.

"What is it Nani?" asked Arnav in her room.
"Chote, I know, it your business matter, but I think you should rethink about working with Ms Kasyap!" Nani came directly to the point.

"What? What is your problem Nani?" Arnav was confused.
"She works in my office. That's it!" said Arnav looking at Nani.
"She may be just that for you, but she is trying to be more than that!" said Nani. Arnav was puzzled.

"What? Why are you thinking about her?" he asked raising his voice.

"Chote, I just expressed my fears. It's up to you to take it or leave it!" Nani said in a stern voice. 

Arnav looked confused. "What problem Nani could have, if Lavanya works with me?" he was puzzled.

"Ok, Nani! I will think about it!" he said and turned to leave.
"Hope you think about it soon before its too late!" Nani thought gravely.

****** ********* ********** ********

Khushi went to Anjali's room. She was whiling away time, waiting for something. Anjali's phone rang.

"Di, its me! I got a call from Papaji. I think Mummiji needs some help. Call her and ask!" said Arnav.

"Ok, Chote!" said Ajnali.
Khushi was looking away pretending to be oblivious.

"Khushi, Chote had called. Mummiji needs some help!" said Anjali,
"Mummiji? Help? And she did not call me?" Khushi looked confused.

"Anyway, call her Di, and ask!" she said holding back her grin.
Anjali dialed Mummiji's number.
"Anjali, how are you?" came a soothing voice from the other end. Smile appeared on Anjali's face.

"I am fine, Mummiji! Khushi is also here!" she said looking at Khushi.

"Um.. Anjali, actually we are holding a pooja at our place. I may require some help. Elsa is enthusiastic but she hardly knows anything about pooja and havan!" said Mummiji.

"Yeah, ok Mummiji, I will help!" said Anjali looking at Khushi.

"Actually I wanted to invite both of you, but you know, Khushi must be busy with her Court case!" Mummiji clarified to confused Anjali. Anjali looked relaxed.

"Yes Mummiji, don't worry. I will be there!" said Anjali.

"Well, here are the dates....!" Mummiji continued detailing.

Anjali disconnected the phone and looked up at Khushi. She was sitting on the chair, shaking her leg and humming. Anjali understood that Khushi was in a good mood.

"Khushi, Mummiji wants me to be in Kolkata!" said Anjali.
"Yeah? Why?' Khushi looked surprised.

"She is holding a pooja and wants me to help Elsa!" said Anjali.
"Great! You should go!" said Khushi keeping her face straight. "Umm...Di! Call Arnav ji to book your ticket. I have some urgent work!" she said getting up and going out.

She ran to her room and dialed Mummiji's number.

"Mummiji, you are the bestest!!" she screamed.
"I know!" said Mummiji smugly.

"I am doing this for you! I am holding this havan for your two, Khushi!" Mummiji was serious.
"You both should be here on that day!" she ordered Khushi.

"Yes, yes! We will come!" said Khushi disconnecting the phone.





8 comments:

  1. Hello,

    Sorry for the delay...! hope you like this update too...! enjoy the weekend...!

    Love
    KF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Khushi really knows how to use her brains. That's my girl.. Hope you don't have anything bad planned for us with the preview of both keys and mention of lavanya. :(. As always great job and waiting for your next update........ Kkg fan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great going..loved d temple scene best.

    Sharmi

    ReplyDelete
  4. arshi scene was superb..
    missed your update..
    continue soon..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi di,
    Great update as usual! Khushi was at her witty best! The typical khushi kumari gupta! Arnav and khushi's dreams are beginning to get a grip on them. You know what di, after reading your story I've actually started believing much in after life, previous birth, soul and well all the stuff related to spirituality, much to my mom's shock!
    Nani's experienced eyes are aptly locating the brewing trouble in the form of lavanya.I hope Arnav sees that soon too!
    Please continue soon.
    Love

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the update. So Anjali will feel better now. Good for her. She will be away from Snake.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sarunsashasingh....I-F

    Really really nice n amazing update...I hate that snake n his tactics....I hope Arnav understands wat his Nani is implying.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shyam's wily tactics was cut short but then it had its desired effect on Anjali... and will Khushi ever sit back and watch, hehee!! The set-up was done subtly and thoughtfully... how much she enjoyed watching her script unfolding in front of her eyes, hehee!!
    "But she is trying to be more than that"... this shows Nani's perceptiveness... so one more point to ponder for ASR re La!!
    Wow, their mannat ki chaabi transporting them back and they lived their dreams in reality, with a new awareness about each other... great!! Loved the description.
    A dream of hopelessness... "the tall man is in a state of despair, he is resisting the old man's demands, the old man's views seem outrageous to him, the old man gives him an ultimatum".... again, there are links in statements.
    Lovely update... it seems like since the spilling-over of their dream united their past, they would often find themselves enacting deja vu situations in reality!!

    ReplyDelete